As a psychotherapist and spiritual guide, Heather Hans has spent her entire life making sure that others see balance and wholeness in their lives.
If you’re struggling to maintain enthusiasm in your life, try Heather’s five tips:
1. Develop Healthy Lifestyle Practices. Top lifestyle practices for elevated energy include: a balanced, whole foods diet; a consistent exercise program; a regular rhythm of activities; and a physical space that is orderly and energetically pleasing. Those who substitute coffee and sweets for a large, healthy breakfast, as well as those who do not choose a consistent time to exercise are unable to maintain physical health are at greatest risk for declined vital energy.
2. Surround Yourself with Positive and Successful People. Human beings are social creatures who need positive social support to thrive. It is necessary for the company we keep to be healthy, positive, supportive, and successful so that we can grow, learn from them, and get positive energy from them. Becoming selective about our relationships also brings positive energy to those around us.
3. Become the Master of your Mind. Composed of measurable electrical energy, the mind creates our reality. When we allow ourselves to be controlled by thoughts that continuously attack, punish, judge, and separate us from ourselves, others, and a larger whole, our vitality is diminished, and dysfunction and disease results.
4. Rest, Laugh and Have Fun. Ancient wisdom reveals the importance of rest, laughter, and spontaneous play in energy levels. These states cause us to relax, and when we relax, we gain renewed energy, thus leading to creative solutions and greater accomplishment.
5. Cultivate a Strong Relationship with a Force Greater than Yourself. As you lose yourself in something larger than yourself, you gain a sense of purpose in life. This meaning leads to a higher level of energy and joy for life, and a greater contribution to the world, thus increasing the energy of the entire planet.
Heather Hans, LCSW, MSW, MBA, CPIC, is a Visionary, Healer & Teacher, and the author of The Heart of Self-Love: How to Radiate with Confidence. It is Heather's firm belief that loving oneself is necessary to have fulfilling relationships and a successful life. To have Heather's inspiration delivered directly to your inbox sign up for her Newsletter (your email will NEVER be shared).